Friday, September 23, 2011

Long Journey Home part 2- New York!

NYC trip

So I got a ride from SPX to New York from GP Bonesteel and his lovely fiance Alison. This is where Theme #1 of the trip came into play- everyone I visited was either sick or just getting over a cold. I'd planned to stay with Katherine Roy and Tim Stout during my stay, but was delayed the first night 'cause they were feeling under the weather. The lovely Robyn Chapman and Dennis Pacheco came to my rescue, and put me up on their Brooklyn futon my first night in town.

NYC trip

Besides seeing all these great people, the big reason for stopping in NYC was to visit some of the museums I'd missed in previous trips. First stop, the Met!

NCY trip

...still can't believe I got to see a Vermeer. A person!

NCY trip

...and took a goofy picture of myself in front of this mural. So yeah, the Met is huge. I walked around for three hours, got lost, ended up in a pyramid, got lost again, found my way outside and ate a hot dog.

NCY trip

Next went to the American Museum of Natural History, which brings us to Themes #2 and 3 of the trip:

NCY trip

DINOSAURS (rawr!) (#2) and

NYC trip

#3 elephants. The museum had two taxidermied elephants herds, and the Field Museum in Chicago had another. This is why they're endangered!

NYC trip

Another endangered species preserved in the museum- Sasquatch!

NYC trip

After museums, a late lunch at my favorite restaurant in the city, and a cannoli...or three, I got to meet up with some of my favorite people for beer and pizza! Andrew Arnold, Sean Ford, Leon Avelino, Robyn, Dennis, Katherine and Tim for making the time on a week night!

NYC trip

...apologies for the blurry photos, I dropped my camera in a lake.

Next stop, CHICAGO!





No comments:

Post a Comment