Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone out there is having a good 2009 so far.

Like every year, I spent a chunk of New Year's Day trying to clean up my space and get things in order for the new year. This time "order" meant putting things in boxes, then carefully labeling those boxes and putting them away.

One box is now labeled "archive". It has a copy of (almost) every comic or chapbook I've done, or anthology I've contributed to. I took a picture of each one, and will indulge in a bit of nostalgia by posting some every couple of days during the month of January, and a little about the work.

I'll start with the stuff I've done that I don't have copies of:

Woe Is Me
This was my first mini comic, a four-pager about a girl whose hair gets possessed by demons. I think I made maybe ten copies and handed them out to friends, and posted it on my horrible website. It was pretty bad, but at the same time it's the only thing I've done where I got fan art (thanks, Nic!) I don't have any copies, or scans, or the original art. Still have the fan art though. If anyone out there has a copy of this comic, please burn it.

Tales of Insomnia #1
There never was a #2. This was a collection of all the strips I did in my first year for the Cooper Point Journal. I sold copies of this for a dollar at the Olympia Comics Festival, which was silly 'cause the newspaper is free. If anyone out there has a copy, I will buy if from you.

Always Comix Age Eight Anthology
I submitted a comic to this anthology over the summer...never got word that they'd printed it and I've never seen a copy. Their website says it came out in October, and I'm on the contributor list. Anyone out there seen it? How's it look?



...More to come (with pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment