Friday, February 25, 2011

Diary Tunes 2010



Diary tunes!
Mixed CD's came in the mail from Nomi Kane, Beth Hetland, Betsey Swardlick, Penina Gal and Robin Enrico.

It's Diary Tunes time again! Robyn Chapman organizes this mix exchange every New Year's, with the bulk of the cd's arriving in February, just in time to stave off the "this winter is never going to end" crazies. This is my third year participating, and the first year where I think I know everybody on the exchange list!

It's been neat so far seeing how well everyone's mix fits their personality. For example, listening to Nomi's mix, my first reaction was "all these songs make me think of Chicago", and with Beth's, it's non-stop dance tunes.

I wonder what my mix says about me?

Diary Tunes 2010 Cover

This Is A Low-Swipe
Textbook Love-Fleet Foxes Fleet Foxes
Ossining-Mike Doughty
My Only Offer-Mates Of State
Good To Be Awake-Sandman
Beautiful-Hepcat
Cinnamon-The Long Winters
Brave The Cold -Mr Hudson
Major Tom (Coming Home) -Peter Schilling
This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us -Sparks
All the Young Dudes-Mott the Hoople
Primary Colours -The Horrors
Black Sheep - Metric
40 Day Dream - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
The Show Must Not Go On -Harvey
Like A Friend -Pulp
Sea Legs -Pretty & Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment