Monday, May 3, 2010

TCAF in Toronto this weekend!

Hey Canadians! I'm heading to TCAF this weekend with Jon Chad, Joe Lambert, Alexis Frederick-Frost and David Yoder!

Jon and I will be on the 2nd floor, at table #211 (I'll post the map in a few days).

And I'm on a panel...With Dash Shaw, and Raina Telgemeier!? I'm not entirely sure how I ended up on the list with this awesome group, but it's kinda terrifying.

Come watch me pretend to know what I'm talking about:

LEARNING CENTRE 1

Located at Toronto Reference Library 789 Yonge Street
1st floor, in the main atrium space

The New Graphic Novelists: New Creators Transforming the Medium
Sunday, May 9th, 2:15 – 3:15pm, Learning Center 1

There is a pantheon of great graphic novelists — folks who started thinking about comics as singular, book-bound creations. But that concept has shifted since its conceptualization, and a collection of young creators are pushing the medium in fantastic new ways. Creators Joshua Cotter, Colleen Frakes, Ryan North, Dash Shaw, and Raina Telgemeier will discuss their experiences producing comics that alternately defy and embrace the term ‘graphic novel”. Moderated by Eva Volin.


Jon and I will have all the usual books, plus I'm bringing a new short 8-page mini called "Revenge"

Revenge!

These'll just be a dollar. Or maybe free, if I'm in a good mood.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment