Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stumptown 2009!

I spent a week in Oregon, visiting family and selling my wares at the Stumptown Comics Festival.


The family. Look at how happy they are to see me.


The family had me make a list of things to do while I was visiting. Dim Sum was at the top of that list.

Since Jon Chad was visiting the Pacific Northwest for the first time, I also requested that we get out of the city and see some nature. Here's Jon, drinking it in.

Robyn Chapman's zine Hey! Four Eyes! had its west coast debut the night before Stumptown at Guapo Comics and Coffee. Jon Chad and I read from our submissions to help promote the zine. I had to follow Tom Neely, which was really intimidating.

We were up bright and early the next day for Stumptown! Here's our pretty table, chock full of wares.

We were neighbors with the Center for Cartoon Studies. Here's Robyn, ready to show the Portland kids all that CCS has to offer.

Being back in the PNW means I get to see some of my favorite people from back home. I caught up with fellow Greener Chelsea Baker (pictured center) who was an original member of our Cartoonist's Society back at Evergreen, and is now running the Olympia Comics Festival. Also got to chat briefly with Greener pals Connor Moran and Max Sato.

Midway through the second day, supplies were running low. This lovely lady bought Jon Chad's VERY LAST copy of Shortstack. Look at how happy comics have made her.

End of the day, Jon Chad has zero books, and I have a small fraction of what I bought with me. Most of what's left is t-shirts...anybody wanna buy a t-shirt? Come see me at MECAF!

I successfully eluded the Stumptown Photographer for the second year in a row, but Greg Means managed to take a photo of us. Everyone was pretty pleased with how the festival turned out.

More photos on my flickr site. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm glad you had a successful convention. It looks sooo friggin' beautiful out there, I'm impressed that you came back to the mudderific east coast.

    ReplyDelete