Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Portraits 1

I work in a library, and, when I'm not drawing, I spend much of my time reading.
Having recently enjoyed several other people's portrait series, I decided to do one of my own.


20 portrait from my favorite books! They're gouache on toned paper. I'll post a new one every Monday. First is Titus Groan, from the Gormenghast Trilogy, by Mervyn Peake. This is Lady Fuchsia Groan and her new brother, Titus.

"...a girl of about fifteen with long, rather wild black hair. She was gauche in movement and in a sense ugly of face, but with how small a twist might she not suddenly have become beautiful. Her sullen mouth was full and rich -- her eyes smoldered."

Titus is just described as ugly.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I've been meaning to read the Gormenghast books for a long time - I'm told they're not quite like anything else in the fantasy genre, or any other genre for that matter. Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete