Sunday, February 8, 2009

PROGRESS!

This was a weekend for getting things done! I tried to wrap up as many small, side projects as possible so I can start really concentrating on the bear story. Here's what I've been up to:





My friend Andrew is an amazing writer, and I've been trying to get a collaboration going with him since I came to CCS. Think we've finally got something going with this long form erasure poem he's been sending me in pieces. Finished the first section yesterday. The text is based on the memoirs of 17th-century English explorer dude William Dampier.


I've been working on this short comic in my sketchbook on-and-off since November, finished it up yesterday, too. It's monsters and sexy girls in glasses and their underwear in the woods. What's not to like?




This is part of a panel from my submission to "Awesome 2: Awesomer" :
www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog.php?type=12&title=639
I totally flipped out when I was invited to submit to this anthology! Jeff Smith did the cover, and the list of contributors is just amazing. Part of the profits from sales of the book go to a scholarship for The Center for Cartoon Studies, which is...well, awesome. Finished this up and sent off the pages yesterday.

Just one small side project to finish now, and I'm free. In the meantime, I've got bears to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment